Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In The Beginning....

I have decided to start living a more "sustainable" lifestyle. Now before any of my family starts to panic, I am not going "Eco-Terrorist here. What I am doing is trying to make sure that the things that I do and the purchases that I make are friendlier to the planet and those who reside on it.

I wish I could say that I came this idea twenty years ago, but that wouldn't be true. Over the last couple of years I've really began to develop a want to have a lower impact on this world that we all share. I've done all the easy things; replaced all the light bulbs with compact fluorescents, installed a programmable thermostat, made sure that there is plenty of blown in insulation in the attic, and even installed a rain barrel to catch the water off the roof.

What I'm doing now is trying to make sure that as many of our everyday purchases as possible are planet friendly. Fair Trade, sustainable, and organic are the newest editions to my vocabulary. The challange is how to do this without having a huge impact on the pocket book. After all, money doesn't grow on trees.

P.S. Sorry if the title is a little over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment